With DivorceWriter, you'll receive all the paperwork you need to get divorced in New Jersey, complete and ready-to-file, with instructions to guide you through the entire process.
Choose printing and priority mail shipping, immediate download, or both at no additional charge. Shipped documents include a DivorceWriter Portfolio to keep your documents safe and organized.
Divorce in New Jersey
- Get divorced even if you and your spouse still live together.
- File for divorce by mail or in person.
- Serve your spouse yourself by mail--don't pay the Sheriff to do it for you.
- Get divorced in as little as 60 days.
New Jersey Residency Requirements
At least one spouse must live in New Jersey for a year before you can file for divorce.
Grounds For Divorce
If you and your spouse have problems you can't resolve (i.e. irreconcilable differences) that have caused the breakdown of your marriage for at least six (6) months, you have met the requirements for a no-fault divorce in New Jersey.
Filing for Divorce
All divorces in New Jersey are filed at the Superior Court Clerk's office. The rules for which county to file in are:
- If the spouse filing for divorce (Plaintiff) has lived in NJ for at least six months, file in the county where Plaintiff lives.
- If not #1, then file in the county where Defendant lives if Plaintiff has lived in NJ for at least six months.
- If neither spouse has lived in NJ for at least six months, file in the county where Plaintiff lives.
If you can't afford the filing fee that the Court Clerk's office charges when a new divorce case is filed, file a fee waiver request with the Court Clerk's office. New Jersey fee waiver documents are free as part of your DivorceWriter purchase.
Our Money-Back Guarantee
DivorceWriter offers a money-back guarantee if your documents are not accepted.