DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Tennessee Online Divorce

new section

Tennessee Divorce Details

Prepare your own Tennessee divorce forms using DivorceWriter. You'll receive all the documents you need to get a divorce in Tennessee, complete and ready-to-file, along with step-by-step instructions to guide you through the entire process.

Your purchase includes a DivorceWriter Portfolio to keep your divorce papers safe and organized, and your choice of instant download, priority mail shipping or both at no additional charge.

Tennessee Divorce Made Easier

  • Know you're selecting the right forms for your divorce case.
  • File for divorce by mail or in person.
  • Complete your divorce in as little as 61 days (91 days with children).

The Right Forms for You

In 2011, the Tennessee Administrative Office of Courts approved a set of divorce forms for all counties in Tennessee. Those forms are perfect for many people, but not for everyone. In particular, they won't work if you have minor children together, real estate, one or more retirement plans, own a business, or if the wife is pregnant. That's why DivorceWriter provides Tennessee Administrative Office of Courts forms for customers who are eligible to use them AND custom Tennessee forms for those who aren't.

The DivorceWriter online interview asks a series of very basic questions, and the answers you give to those questions determine which forms are right for your circumstances. With DivorceWriter, you automatically select the right forms for your case based on those answers. Plus, if you make a mistake or your circumstances change at any point, you can log in to your account, make changes and receive a different document package at any time for free.

Tennessee Residency Requirements

You meet the residency requirements if: (1) at least one spouse has lived in Tennessee for at least the past 6 months or (2) at least one spouse was living in Tennessee when you decided to get divorced.

You can file for divorce in the county where you and your spouse last lived together or in the county where your spouse lives. If your spouse doesn't live in Tennessee or if your spouse is currently in jail, you can file in the county where you live.

Grounds for Divorce

The most common and easiest grounds for divorce in Tennessee is irreconcilable differences. This just means that you and your spouse no longer get along and cannot fix your marriage.

Filing Fee

If you are unable to pay the filing fee charged by the Court Clerk's office due to a financial hardship, file a request to have the fee waived. DivorceWriter will provide you with the paperwork required to request a fee waiver at no additional charge.

Money-Back Guarantee

If your documents are not accepted, DivorceWriter offers a money-back guarantee.


You have qualified to use DivorceWriter to complete your Tennessee divorce papers online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Tennessee Help
new section
© 2015 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.