DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Alabama Online Divorce

Alabama Divorce Details

Alabama Residency Requirements

If the non-filing spouse (the Defendant) lives in Alabama, the filing spouse (the Plaintiff) can file for divorce at any time. However, if the Defendant does not live in Alabama, the Plaintiff must live in Alabama for at least six (6) months before filing for divorce.

Grounds for Divorce

Alabama allows for no-fault divorce on the grounds of an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage when future attempts at reconciliation will be futile and are not in the best interests of the spouses and/or children.

Filing Your Alabama Divorce

After completing the online interview, DivorceWriter sends you the divorce forms you prepared online along with detailed Alabama filing procedures. The basic steps for filing your divorce are as follows:

  1. File a Complaint for Divorce and related documents.
  2. Mail or hand deliver divorce papers to your spouse.
  3. Receive your Final Judgment of Divorce signed by the Judge in the mail.

Division of property & debt, child parenting plan (including child support, visitation and custody), spousal support, and more are covered.

DivorceWriter provides forms specific to the state of Alabama and offers a money back guarantee if your documents are not accepted by the Court.


You have qualified to use DivorceWriter to complete your Alabama divorce papers online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Alabama Help
© 2022 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.