DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Minnesota Online Divorce

Minnesota Divorce Details

Minnesota allows you to complete your divorce without an attorney if you and your spouse can come to an agreement on what to do with your property and how you will care for any children that you have.

Minnesota Residency Requirements

At least one spouse must have resided in Minnesota for at least 180 days immediately before the divorce is filed.

Grounds For Divorce

Minnesota is a no-fault divorce state. In a Minnesota divorce, the spouses agree that there has been an "irretrievable breakdown of the marriage."

Filing Your Minnesota Divorce

The basic steps for filing your uncontested Minnesota divorce are as follows:

  1. You review and sign the documents in the presence of a notary, then file the Joint Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with the Court Administrator.
  2. The Court Administrator will send you a Notice of Filing indicating your case number.
  3. You will be notified by mail when the Judge signs your Judgment and Decree of Dissolution, finalizing your divorce.

Division of property & debt, child parenting plan (including child support, visitation and custody), spousal support, and more are covered.

Forms are specific to the state of Minnesota and DivorceWriter offers a money back guarantee if your documents are not accepted by the Court.

Where to find Blank State Forms

If you prefer to complete your forms on your own, they can be directly downloaded from the Minnesota Courts at no cost using these links:


If your divorce is uncontested and your spouse is willing to sign the papers, you can use DivorceWriter to complete your Minnesota divorce forms online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Minnesota Help
© 2023 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.