DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Nebraska Online Divorce

Nebraska Divorce Details

Residency Requirements

At least one spouse must live in Nebraska for 12 months before filing for divorce, or if you were married in Nebraska and at least one of you has lived there continuously since the wedding, you can file for divorce even if neither of you has lived in-state for 12 months yet.

Grounds for Divorce

If there's no hope that your marriage can be saved, you have met the requirements for a no-fault divorce on the grounds that the marriage is irretrievably broken.

Where to File

All divorces in Nebraska are filed at the District Court Clerk's office in the county where either spouse lives.

Serving Your Spouse

Serving your spouse in Nebraska is very easy. The Plaintiff just hand-delivers a copy of the divorce papers to the Defendant. Then, the Defendant signs a one-page form acknowledging receipt of the papers--no notarization needed. This allows you to avoid the expense of hiring a process server and spares your spouse the hassle and embarrassment of being formally served with divorce papers by the Sheriff.

Time to Complete

You can get your Decree signed by the judge in as little as 90 days.

DivorceWriter provides forms specific to the state of Nebraska and offers a money back guarantee if your documents are not accepted by the Court.

Where to Find Blank State Forms

If you prefer to complete blank forms on your own, they can be downloaded directly from the state of Nebraska at no cost using these links:


If your divorce is uncontested and your spouse is willing to sign the papers, you can use DivorceWriter to complete your Nebraska divorce forms online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Nebraska Help
© 2023 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.