DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

New Mexico Online Divorce

new section

New Mexico Divorce Details

New Mexico allows you to complete your divorce without an attorney if you and your spouse can come to an agreement on what to do with your property and how you will care for any children that you have.

New Mexico Residency Requirements

At least one spouse must have resided in New Mexico for at least 60 days immediately before the divorce is filed.

Grounds For Divorce

New Mexico is a no-fault divorce state. In a New Mexico divorce, the no-fault ground for dissolution of marriage is based on incompatibility.

Filing Your New Mexico Divorce

The basic steps for filing your divorce are as follows:

  1. Review and sign the documents.
  2. File the divorce documents with the Clerk of the District Court.
  3. A Judge will sign the Final Decree of Dissolution of Marriage finalizing your divorce.

Division of property & debt, child parenting plan (including child support, visitation and custody), spousal support, and more are covered.


If you select a New Mexico divorce without children, you are selecting the following forms:

  • Petition for Dissolution of Marriage
  • Domestic Relations Information Sheet
  • Marital Settlement Agreement
  • Final Decree of Dissolution of Marriage

If you select a New Mexico divorce with children, you are selecting the non-children forms as well as:

  • Parenting Plan
  • Wage Withholding Order
  • Child Support Worksheet(s)

DivorceWriter provides forms specific to the state of New Mexico and offers a money back guarantee if your documents are not accepted by the Court.


You have qualified to use DivorceWriter to complete your New Mexico divorce papers online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

New Mexico Help
new section
© 2017 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.