DivorceWriter logo
Home About Us
Divorce Papers

Massachusetts Online Divorce

new section

Massachusetts Divorce Details

Massachusetts allows you to complete your divorce without an attorney if you and your spouse can come to an agreement on what to do with your property and how you will care for any children that you have.

Massachusetts Residency Requirements

If the breakdown of the marriage occurred in Massachusetts, at least one spouse must be a current resident of Massachusetts before filing. If the breakdown of the marriage happened outside of Massachusetts (in another state), then at least one spouse must have lived in Massachusetts for at least one year before filing.

Grounds For Divorce

The no-fault grounds for divorce in Massachusetts is an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.

Filing Your Massachusetts Divorce

The steps for filing your uncontested Massachusetts divorce are as follows:

  1. Both spouses sign the Joint Petition for Divorce, Separation Agreement, and related documents before they are filed with the Court Clerk.
  2. Both spouses should receive a Notice of Uncontested Trial in the mail about 2-4 weeks after the divorce is filed. The Notice contains the date and time for the final hearing.
  3. The judge will enter a Judgment of Divorce 30 days after the hearing, which becomes final after 90 days after that.

Division of property & debt, child parenting plan (including child support, visitation and custody), spousal support, and more are covered.

DivorceWriter provides forms specific to the state of Massachusetts and offers a money back guarantee if your documents are not accepted by the Court.


You have qualified to use DivorceWriter to complete your Massachusetts divorce papers online.  Select "Continue" to start the interview.

Massachusetts Help
new section
© 2015 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.Home | Terms of Use | 100% Guarantee | Privacy | Contact | Sitemap
DivorceWriter.com™ is a leading self-help divorce document web site.
However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site is
not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.