YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Pro Se Planning, Inc. d/b/a Pro Se Planning and DivorceWriter™ (“DivorceWriter”) takes your privacy seriously.
This policy covers how DivorceWriter treats information about you that DivorceWriter collects and receives through its Website, including information related to your past use of DivorceWriter products and services. Personal information includes information about you that can be used to identify you like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number and that may not otherwise be publicly available.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
DivorceWriter collects personal information when you register on the Website, when you use DivorceWriter’s products or services and when you visit DivorceWriter’s Website pages or the pages of certain DivorceWriter partners. DivorceWriter collects two different types of information from you.
- Personal Information You Provide. We collect certain personal information about you that you disclose to us when you register or use DivorceWriter’s services and products. This personal information may be collected from you when you visit the Website, search for a product, place an order through the Website or an affiliated site, use the products or services offered by the Website, update the information in your account settings, add items to your want list or registry, call or e-mail customer service, complete a questionnaire or engage in similar activities. In connection with these activities, you may supply us with contact information (such as your name, address, and phone numbers), financial data (such as your credit card information), demographic data (such as your age and zip code), and other personal or legal information (such as your Social Security number, driver's license numbers and other sensitive information needed to generate legal documents).
- Traffic Data. The Website automatically collects certain information about your visit to the Website, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet, the type of browser and operating system used to visit the Website, the date and time you visit the Website and which portions of the Website you visit (“Traffic Data”). We collect this information automatically on our server logs from your browser through technology such as cookies, web beacons or other software. We may use Traffic Data to analyze and improve the Website, but this information is not examined for personal information. For example, we may use the Traffic Data to display custom content, diagnose a problem or administer the Website. We may also share Traffic Data and statistics derived from Traffic Data with our business partners, affiliates or advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
3. USE, DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
- Use of Personal Information. The personal information collected by DivorceWriter will be used to operate the Website, provide service(s) to you, carry out the transaction(s) you have requested and inform you of offers and discounts. We may also use the information you provide to communicate with you about your account or your transactions with us and provide you with more effective customer service. In support of these uses, we may use personal information to make the Website easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Website to your particular preference or interest. To optimize your experience using the Website, we may combine information we have collected from you with information we obtain from our business partners or other companies.
- Sharing of Personal Information. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with DivorceWriter under an obligation of confidentiality. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share the personal information.
- We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process. We may also do so to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may share personal information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by or under common control of DivorceWriter. If DivorceWriter is merged, acquired, or sold, or if some or all of our assets are transferred, we may transfer personal information and other data in connection with the associated transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. Targeted advertisements may display on our Website. Advertisers may assume that users who interact with, view, or click on targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria (such as women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area). We do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
- Public Record. Certain personal information becomes public record when documents are filed with the federal or state government or with a court.
- Opt Out. You may choose not to provide DivorceWriter with personal information, but DivorceWriter cannot process orders or perform certain services without your personal information. You may also choose to turn cookies off on your web browser. Most web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies, or to prompt the user before accepting them. The help portion of the toolbar of your browser will tell you how to select the option that suits you best. However, disabling the acceptance of cookies will not allow you to take full advantage of some of the best and most advanced features that we have to offer, and we recommend that you leave them turned on. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the our products and services, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your account without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
4. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND COMPANIES
5. CHILDREN UNDER AGE 18
We have a firm policy against knowingly collecting, soliciting, retaining or displaying any personal information or material obtained from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not register on the Website, use DivorceWriter’s services or send any information to DivorceWriter. If you are under the age of 18 and have already registered on the Website, you must immediately cancel your account and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have received any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
- Requests for Information. Requests for Information. You may request, in writing to the address provided in Section 8, access to any information collected as part of your account and DivorceWriter will address your request within thirty (30) days of such request.
DivorceWriter is committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure and safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who we believe need access to your personal information to provide products or services to you or to do their jobs are granted such access. You should be aware, however, that even though protections are in place, no data transmission is completely safe and DivorceWriter cannot guarantee the security of all information you transmit to or from the Website or using our services. You provide all information at your own risk.
- SSL-Encryption. DivorceWriter's servers are housed in a secure facility that is under constant video surveillance and staffed 24 hours per day. DivorceWriter uses the industry standard for Internet security, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL 128-bit) encryption to transmit all of your personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, payment information, and your completed form over the Internet. All electronic transactions have SSL (secure socket layer) encryption for security when transmitting your account information.
- Order Confirmation. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. To process an order, it is necessary to transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company.
- Disclaimer. WE DISCLAIM LIAIBLITY FOR THE THEFT, LOSS, OR INTERCEPTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR DAMAGE TO, YOUR DATA OR COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND OUR SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME THESE RISKS.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, OR BELIEVE YOUR PRIVACY HAS BEEN BREACHED THROUGH USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT US AT:
375 118th Ave SE, Suite 118
Bellevue, WA 98005
If you contact DivorceWriter's customer service, we will use your name, e-mail address and order history to attempt to answer your question or solve your problem quickly. On occasion, we may contact you later to verify information or to check on the quality of our customer service and you hereby consent to such later contact.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code §1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail or write to us at:
DivorceWriter Privacy Rights
375 118th Ave SE, Suite 118
Bellevue, WA 98005
Last Updated: October 9, 2013
|© 2017 Pro Se Planning, Inc. All rights reserved.|
DivorceWriter.com™ is the leading self-help divorce document
web site. However, this site does not provide legal advice and use of this site
is not a substitute for hiring an attorney licensed to practice in your state.