|Home||About Us||Prices||Start the Process||Help Center||Call 800 928-7713 (8am-4pm PDT M-F)|
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen (19) years of age in Alabama) to enter. This offer not valid for Missouri divorce.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of DivorceWriter as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR COMPLETE RELEASE OF FACEBOOK FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, AND ALSO CONSTITUES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting June 15, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. EST and ending July 4, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by 7:00 p.m. EST on July 4, 2020.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry by clicking "LIKE" on the "Declare Your Independence with DivorceWriter" FREE DIVORCE post located here. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of DivorceWriter. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of DivorceWriter.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive access to DivorceWriter to create one set of divorce documents and filing procedures for one state for one couple only. Winner must register for an account with DivorceWriter and complete the DivorceWriter online interview in order to create divorce documents and filing procedures. The prize includes unlimited revisions for two (2) years for all DivorceWriter online interview responses except the name of either spouse or the state of filing, neither of which may not be changed. The two (2) year revision period begins at the first of either of the following: the shipping of the documents or the date of download.
The prize does not include the court filing fee charged by the court clerk in the county of filing. Winner is responsible for any filing fee and any other fees charged by the court in the divorce process. Some states have additional fees to complete a divorce or file additional paperwork and Winner is also responsible for the payment of those fees.
DivorceWriter is not a law firm, and because we are not attorneys, the laws governing self-help legal products prohibit us from giving legal advice. DivorceWriter cannot and is not acting as your attorney. DivorceWriter does not prepare your documents. All documents are self-prepared by You by completing the DivorceWriter online interview and submitting your information to generate your self-customized document package. DivorceWriter does not review your documents for legal sufficiency or accuracy. If You need legal advice, You should contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.
The prize value is the cost of purchasing DivorceWriter, which is $137.00 as of July 4, 2020. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by DivorceWriter. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at DivorceWriter's discretion.
The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Winner may not change the name of either spouse in the DivorceWriter online interview. Winner may not change the state of filing in the DivorceWriter online interview after submitting information to generate documents.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for DivorceWriter to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected with the use of a random winner generator tool under the supervision of DivorceWriter. DivorceWriter will notify Winner by commenting on the post with Winner's name. DivorceWriter shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize by creating a DivorceWriter account within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at DivorceWriter's sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By clicking “like” on the "Declare Your Independence with DivorceWriter" Campaign posts, You understand and agree that DivorceWriter, anyone acting on behalf of DivorceWriter, and DivorceWriter's licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of DivorceWriter. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DivorceWriter from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which DivorceWriter may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: By accepting the prize and creating a DivorceWriter account, Winner is subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of the DivorceWriter site provided here.
DivorceWriter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond DivorceWriter control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, DivorceWriter may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by DivorceWriter. DivorceWriter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. DivorceWriter has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, DivorceWriter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless DivorceWriter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is DivorceWriter.
14. By liking this post, You, the Contestant, are entering the Contest and acknowledging that You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the foregoing Official Rules.